Elysha Lenkin | Online Personal Stylist
Hi, I'm Elysha!
I've been a fashion stylist on commercials and photo shoots since before most people knew this job existed. Lady Footlocker, Mindful Magazine, Natural Health, O, The Oprah Magazine and Verizon are a few of the many clients I've styled shoots for since the 90s.
But now I've put my focus on working with real women.
Because you're passionate about wearing clothes that you love. And you want to stand out in style while still feeling true to yourself.
When we work together, I'll help you understand how to style yourself in outfits that suit your body and make sense for your life. No more shopping mistakes! You'll have the confidence of knowing how to make yourself look amazing.
More About Me
Here's 10 fun facts:
- 1I've lived in NYC since 1994 (always on the Lower East Side!) Before that it was Paris at 22, college in LA, and my childhood was spent in the Washington DC suburbs.
- 2I learned how to be a stylist on the job. Since I started getting booked on shoots right away, I had to figure out the styling tricks like quick hems and shoe taping while I was working on set. (And stood under the hot lights!)
- 3I'm a certified yoga teacher. After 9/11 the fashion industry tanked so I took a yoga teacher training. After graduating, my evenings were then spent teaching yoga to help my students feel connected to their bodies while my days were spent styling shoots making models look good. It was then I realized that I must combine my intentions, and help women look their best while feeling confident in what they wear.
- 4My favorite part of being a stylist is creating outfits. Give me a rack of random items, and I'll mix and match and make amazing ensembles. This my special talent, and why I get hired. Check out my full fashion stylist portfolio here.
- 5Style has always been about self expression and creativity for me. Clothing and accessories are tools to play with that allow you to show off who you are.
- 6In high school I won the "Most Changed since 10th grade" superlative. I entered school sporting a perm, and wearing a cheerleader uniform. I graduated as a bleached blonde decked out in all-black and skull buckled boots.
- 7My style is breezy, unexpected and cool. I love mixing prints, wearing track pants with a cashmere sweater and clogs, and a floral head scarf is the solution to my bad hair days.
- 8I met my husband on a yoga retreat in Y2K. I had planned to celebrate the millennium in Venezuela, but circumstances brought me to Costa Rica where he was visiting. (No, he doesn't do yoga.)
- 9My mornings are sacred. I wake up at 5:30am to write in my journal and meditate. It's how I maintain a strong connection to myself and stay on track with my purpose.
- 10I'm obsessed with Radiohead, checking Astrology transits (double Aquarius here!) and eating avocado toast for breakfast.
- 11I started experimenting with my style as a teenager. At 13, my science teacher had me stand in the front of the classroom to show off my (totally 80s!) strong-shouldered, purple jumpsuit. By the time I was old enough to drive myself to the mall, my style confidence had blossomed.
Wanna feel confident in everything you wear? Click here to get started.
Free Style Advice!
Get the style guide: 5 Ways To Flatter Your Body Shape So You Stop Worrying About What You're Wearing and start loving your look!