1. Create a playlist on your ipod with 3 all-time favorite tracks. Find the ones that REALLY speak to you. (Hint: songs from your youth usually speed up the soul-connecting process.)
2. Go outside and start jogging. After you’ve hit your stride open your arms out to the side as if you’re flying. (FYI: This is also used as the celebration dance when an athlete scores.)
3. Transition your flying (or scoring) self to a skip. Let your arms go free. Sing along with the music.
4. Break out into spontaneous dance. (Yes, you’re still outside!)
5. At the end of the 3 songs come to sit, wherever you can. Set your timer to 5 or 10 mins. Place your hands on your thighs. Feel your increased heart beat. And tune into your breath.
Stay with it until the timer goes off. Then continue on with your day.
PS: If you smile or wave to a stranger, it’ll help hold the connection.
(One of my all-time faves from high school!)
Love it! See you out there! xo
YES, See you out there ST! xo
love this! i’m already smiling with joy!
Thank you Salmon Berry! Please keep smiling!
I love this, and the PS!
Pingback: Mid-Summer Mind, Body and Soul REconnection | Tamina's Turn