About a year ago, I got involved in a project that encouraged me to create my own manifesto. As a visual person who loves playing with colors and type, I had a blast putting together this graphic based on stuff that motivates me to be my best.
I hope you will find some inspiration here… perhaps even pick up a new habit or two.
- SPREAD LIGHT, IT’S THE NEW BLACK
As a stylist who lives in NYC, I am convinced that wearing black will always be cool. But you know what’s even cooler? Spreading light. It has the potential to ripple out to others in ways you may never see.
- WHEN YOU HAVE 3 EXTRA MINUTES TAKE 3 LONG DEEP BREATHS
You probably don’t even need 3 whole minutes. I bet it can be done in 1.
- WAKEUP TO SEE THE SUNRISE, THEN GET STUFF DONE
There is something auspicious about waking up for those predawn moments when most of the city is still asleep (including my 2 kids and husband). It gives me time to be, and connect with my purpose. Then I know what I need to do.
- BE GRATEFUL FOR THE LITTLE THINGS
It’s those little things that eventually add up to create something big. But forget about that — just be grateful for it all.
- PRACTICE NOT FOR PERFECTION, BUT FOR PROGRESS
Why reach for the unattainable? Shoot for progress. That’s what brings us to our best.
- FOR A HEALTHY HEART GIVE AND EXERCISE MORE
For an extra strong heart, add some loving into that mix.
- LOOK OUTSIDE FOR INSPIRATION, GO INSIDE FOR THE ANSWERS
In order to do this, you’ll need time to be quiet and listen.
- FIND TIME FOR FUN, IT SHIFTS PERSPECTIVE AND MAKES YOU LOOK YOUNGER
I’m all for having a strong focus and goals. But when life becomes too much work and no play it becomes one dimensional. Laughter is good for the soul.
- CLEAR THE MIND BY MOVING THE BODY OR SITTING STILL
You don’t have to be seated to meditate. Simply focus on your breath as a guide. And do this often.
- PRACTICE YOGA. IT’S A DIRECT PATH TO THE TOTAL SELF. PLUS IT KEEPS YOU FLEXIBLE
I’ve been at it for almost 20 years. It’s become part of who I am…in the best way possible.
- ALWAYS ADD A COLOR POP TO YOUR LOOK
Just a little styling tip.
- SMILE A LOT
Sometimes it takes an outside-in approach to help raise your vibe.
- LOVE YOUR LIFE, LIVE IT WELL
There are good days, there are bad days. In the end they’re all your days — make each one count.
Which one would you implement into your life?
Bring more mind body soul into your life by signing up for my monthly newsletter here!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin